Monday, May 16, 2011

Time to organize ...

Sorry everyone for the gap in post - Blogger, the hosting domain, went down last week for over 2 days and no one could get in to post anything. In addition, they took all the post and comments after 5/12 down with it. What a nightmare! So here I am re-typing the 5/12 post again and it infuriates me as I am typing and also not knowing if the blog invites I sent that day got to anyone. I hate to inundate friends with multiple invites. Sorry for gripping - I found a quote from a source I don't remember that says "If you threaten me, I'll blog about it".

Anyhow, I spent most of my time today, reworking on the blog what was lost, hunting for tools, fondling my tools, moving it from place to place to try a new spot instead of stamping and actually creating something. That means it's time to organize again...organizing always refreshes my creative mind. Finding a new home for something is like looking at the world from a different perspective - sometimes, the perspective is so different, I can't find what I am looking for. (but that is for another post).

In one of my mentally idle moments, I found Ted's amazing, out-of-this-world stamp organization. OMG!!! you have to see it to appreciate that OMG comment!! It's a level of organization that only a librarian (or some related profession) can come up with!!

My own stamp collection is in 3 piles - to be used (on my craft desk), used and to be put back (on my computer desk) and unused (in 3 ring binders). Binders didn't quite work for me because the weight of the stamps were ripping the D-rings out of the binders and it just seem like a 3" binder could hold about 10-15 stamp sets before they would start ripping out. So I wondered for a long time (6 months to be exact) if Ted's system can redefine the current state of organized chaos in my own stamp collection.

I decided to embark on this organizational journey that I have dared not venture. So I bought 200 empty CD jewel cases from Polyline Corp - they are the cheapest (including shipping) I have found online @ $0.14/case. My husband rolled his eyes when he saw me spending money on junk again. Here is a picture of it.



It's been sitting for a week now - I better get a moving on it otherwise, I would have fallen off this organization bandwagon before it got anywhere. And since I have already post it, that is added incentive to keep moving and get my stamps in the cases.

Have a great day today and I hope blogger doesn't remove this post again.

No comments: