Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Another challenge this week ...

I get so inspired to make more cards when I have a reason to make these ... Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge. I try to use each challenge to try out various inking/coloring techniques so please leave feedback when you can. Thanks.

This week, Tammy is challenging us to create a card/project using the paper flower topiary (below), made by Julia Sandvoss as an inspiration.


When I saw the topiary, all I could think about was some old English antique drawing room with white linen and fine china sitting around and an antique card would sit on the nearby desk. Here is that card ...



The background was stamped using Hero Arts antique writing cling mount stamp. The butterflies & dragonfly were also part of the stamp but I colored them with Copic Markers (Y4, Y15, B21, B24, YR04, YR02, E15) and mounted them with pop dots. 2 corners were rounded and chalked with ColorBox Chestnut Roan chalk. Simple card that took less than 10 minutes to get done - that's another reason to love background stamps.

4 comments:

Shirley said...

Your card is gorgeous and I love what you did with the butterflies!! Thank you for following me on Facebook too!

Benzi said...

I love that you shared your thoughts about your inspiration from the topiary. Very, very pretty card...beautiful butterflies. I agree, those bg stamps are great.

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOVE the simple elegance of your card!!! (And I think I'd like to have a seat in that English drawing room and just daydream for awhile!) Thanks for joining us for Timeless Tuesday!

Silke Ledlow said...

GORGEOUS! Love this idea...and this clean design! Thank you so much for playing the FTTC with us! Hugs ~S~